In this week’s episode you will hear
Announcements : Interview Benjamin Baum, VP of Enrollment, St. John’s College
- How are the two campuses and college cultures different?
- Do faculty move between campuses?
- Is the admission process different between campuses?
- Is your curriculum full of teachings from dead white men or do you incorporate diverse and modern voices into your curriculum?
- Are St. John’s students intellectually arrogant?
- Susan describes kids who have been interested in St. John’s College in her counseling career
- What do college counselors need to know about the kind of kid who thrives at St. John’s?
- What is the difference between an Amherst education and a St. John’s College education?
- What is senior essay and senior oral?
- What is the social life like at St. John’s?
- What Ben wants college counselors to know
- How the summer academy for high school students works
- What is the graduate Institute and how does it work?
- Ben goes on the hotseat in our lightning round
Don’t forget to send your questions related to any and every facet of the college process to: email@example.com
If you enjoy our podcast, would you please do us a favor and share our podcast both verbally and on social media? We would be most grateful!
Anika and I are excited to give our listeners a chance to play a role in shaping what topics we discuss, and what guests we have on our podcast. You can let your voice be heard by completing this survey. Just put the following link in your browser and give us your honest feedback. Anika and I would like to thank you in advance.
Every episode of Your College-Bound Kid will align with a chapter from the book 171 Answers to the Most-Asked College Admission Questions. To get a copy visit 171answers.com and if you want to see what future episodes will cover just click the red button “See exactly what 171 Answers covers”.