YCBK 302: Kirby Mcilyar Interview-How to choose a major and a career-1 of 3
In this week’s episode you will hear
In the News Introduction :
- Mark shares highlights and lowlights of the 300 episodes of YCBK
- Lisa answers the Speakpipe question, What is the enrollment cliff? Tressa
- Mark interviews Kirby MciIlyar, an expert on helping students and adults find their best majors and career matches
Preview Part 1 :
- Kirby shares her background, and she shares how she got involved in helping students figure out how to know what their best major is
- Kirby shares how she does both career counseling and personal counseling. Kirby shares her website, kirbycounseling.com
- Kirby shares the first step that a student should take when they are trying to select a major
- Kirby has some great suggestions on how students can build a relationship with a professor in an area they are interested in. She shares how helpful this can be in selecting a major
- Kirby shares another creative idea for discerning if a major is a good fit for you
Our favorite way for you to leave a question or any message for us is to put speakpipe.com/YCBK in your browser and take up to 90 seconds to leave a message. We recommend you share your first name and your state, but you can also be anonymous.
If you do not want to verbally leave a message for us by using speakpipe.com/YCBK you can send in your questions either on Twitter at @YCBKpodcast using the Messages tab or via email at Questions@yourcollegeboundkid.com.
Share This, Choose Your Platform!