Co-host and ProducerMark Stucker has 20 years of full-time experience in college and boarding school admissions, and in college counseling. He’s worked with private day, boarding, charter and public school students, as well as private clients. He is extremely passionate about finding the right college for every student and ensuring that the college selected is affordable for the family. Career Highlights
- Worked at the Phillips School doing college admission, 1991
- College counseling for students at the Westtown School, 2001 – 2009
- Associate Director of Admissions at Westtown School, 2002 – 2009
- Chair of admissions committee at Westtown School for five years, 2004 - 2009
- KIPP Metro Atlanta high school and college placement counselor, 2009 - present
- Oversees the college counseling program for four schools by serving as the Director of College Counseling for Alumni at KIPP Metro Atlanta. Will place about 70 kids in college in this role 2019
- Founded college placement educational consulting company, School Match 4U, 2010
- Currently serves as a Go To College NYC board member
- Traveled nationally/ internationally to recruit students at fairs, through school visits, and receptions.
- Worked with well over 1500 students through either college and boarding school admissions, high school placement, college admissions, or college placement
- Currently assisting students and parents with the college placement process from 12 different states through video conferencing
- Member of Higher Education Consultants Association (HECA) also SACAC and NACAC member
- Graduate of the Harvard Summer Institute for College Admissions and the Stanford Counselor outreach certificate program
- Married for 29 years, we are parents of two, our oldest is a Davidson College grad and our youngest is a junior at the University of Georgia
Co-hostAnika Madden is a donor relations professional, writer/blogger, and mom of 3 kids age 23, 18, and 11. Having gone through the college process with her oldest (and still going) she is well aware of the frustrations, workload and importance in getting our kids to and through college. Her passion behind the podcast lies in seeing too many kids that are not able to finish college or having to take unwanted breaks simply because of their family’s wide-ranging gaps of knowledge in the process. Knowledge is power and she is here to let parents know that there is much to learn and embrace (yes, even about ourselves) as we aim to help our kids achieve the quality of life that we know they want.
Co-hostDr Dave Williams is a practicing ER physician licensed in 13 states who attended Princeton University and Harvard Medical School, completed a research fellowship at UCLA and his Emergency Medicine Residency at the University of Chicago, and obtained his MBA from Northwestern. Parent of a current Yale undergraduate, he is also an entrepreneur who never passes up the opportunity to teach.
Co-hostLisa Rouff, Ph.D., is a clinical psychologist with over 20 years of practice in the Chicagoland area, and recently relocated to Chapel Hill, North Carolina. She received her undergraduate degree from the University of Chicago, and her Ph.D. from Northwestern University. She completed her postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. Lisa has experience in helping teens and young adults recognize their strengths and overcome their anxieties. Working with students to reduce their test and performance anxiety, and to increase their executive functioning skills, Lisa has helped students achieve increased success in school and extracurricular activities. Lisa is also knowledgeable about the mental health issues facing teens and young adults, including depression, anxiety, ADHD, and learning differences, and brings this experience to her college coaching work. Lisa has also helped parents negotiate the school system to obtain the help that their child needs.
In addition to her psychology background, Lisa also has expertise in college coaching. She completed the independent educational consultant certification program at the University of California-Irvine, and is an associate member of the Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA). She is volunteer mentor and college coach for several first-generation college students for College Bound Opportunities and ScholarMatch. Lisa loves college visits, and before the pandemic hit, has visited many college campuses throughout the USA. In addition, as the mother of three children, ranging from elementary to college age, Lisa has inside experience with the joys and stressors of the college application process. When she’s not working, Lisa enjoys spending time with her family and taking care of her embarrassing number of pets.
Mark is very excited to have Lisa as a college coach at School Match 4U. Lisa and Mark co-counseled with almost 50 students in 2020. Lisa really brings a lot to the School Match 4U team. Clients really like her personality and find her very easy to work with. Her expertise in helping students work through the mental barriers that keep them from achieving their peak performance is invaluable. I am referring to things like perfectionism, test anxiety and overall anxiety, depression, organizational challenges/executive functioning and learning differences. Lisa is also an ardent student and she has amassed a lot of knowledge about colleges. There are also some young ladies that will thrive more with a female college coach. It is extremely rare to find someone who has the combination of Lisa’s expertise when it comes to implementing effective mental health strategies coupled with her knowledge about college. Dr. Rouff has a very level of integrity. She is extremely bright and well educated but she is unassuming. In a lot of ways, Lisa is the epidtome of "Midwestern nice". The following link will take you to an interview Mark did with Lisa on "Seven mental barriers that keep students from achieving their peak performance".
Lisa appeared on four episodes of the Your College-Bound Kid podcast in 2020 and the listener feedback was very positive. In 2021 Lisa joined the Your College-Bound Kid podcast team as one of the co-hosts. She will alternate with Anika and partner with Mark by answering questions that listeners send in. Lisa will also do some College Spotlights about colleges where she has expertise. You can listen to the “Your College-Bound Kid” podcast on Apple Podcast, Spotify, Google, Stitcher or where ever you listen to podcasts. There is also some unique content that can only be found at: https://yourcollegeboundkid.com/.