We share Mark’s Bio and Mark explains:
- The history of why the law changed.
- How FAFSA can go from 108 questions to 36 questions.
- Some of the questions FAFSA got rid of.
- When the changes go into effect.
- Why colleges got rid of the term EFC.
- Why the new Student Aid Index can be a negative number.
- How the person responsible for changing the FAFSA has changed.
- How cost of attendance will be handled differently.
- The Income Protection Allowance changes.
- How the Family contribution will not be cut in half because multiple kids are in college.
- How the college expenses are harder on lower income families.
- How opportunities for a special circumstance appeal are expanded.
- How FAFSA verification will be reduced.
- How the Pell grant will be calculated differently.
- The benefit of early awareness.
- The Simplified Need test.
- Changes to Untaxed Income.
Mark K closes by sharing what he likes and doesn’t like about the New FAFSA. (1:06:31)