In this week's episode you will hear
In the News (Announcements about the various college applications with a special focus on the Coalition. More information about YCBK PLUS) : Interview: Marichal Gentry Part 2
- Marichal discusses Cannibas and drugs, including prescription drugs
- Marichal discusses the importance for consent for physical contact, sexual advances, what does this mean?
- How VAWA-Violence Against Women’s Act impacts school’s policies
- What students should do if they experience sexual inappropriate behavior
- Unhealthy Eating habits and Sleeping habits
- The importance of Staying active
- Take advantage of the workshops at the counseling center, including peer health workshops
- How to handle unexpected changes in appearances, such as scraggy beards, tattoos, tongue piercings
- How to handle unexpected student proclamations: i.e. your student says they are gay; they don’t want to use that pronoun anymore; they say, I’m an atheist, or I’m a born again Christian; they say, I don’t want to do biology and chemistry and I don’t want to be a doctor anymore; I want to be an art historian
Don't forget to send your questions related to any and every facet of the college process to: email@example.com
If you enjoy our podcast, would you please do us a favor and share our podcast both verbally and on social media? We would be most grateful!
Anika and I are excited to give our listeners a chance to play a role in shaping what topics we discuss, and what guests we have on our podcast. You can let your voice be heard by completing this survey. Just put the following link in your browser and give us your honest feedback. Anika and I would like to thank you in advance.
Every episode of Your College-Bound Kid will align with a chapter from the book 171 Answers to the Most-Asked College Admission Questions. To get a copy visit 171answers.com and if you want to see what future episodes will cover just click the red button "See exactly what 171 Answers covers".