In this week’s episode you will hear
Introduction: Mark lets the listeners know about a new feature they can expect in the month of December and moving forward on Thursdays episodes.
- Mark discusses the largest labor union strike in Higher Ed history that is happening on the 10 University of California campuses right now
- Mark discusses why six of the top ranked law schools are dropping out of the US News Law school rankings. He discusses what impact will this have on US News.
- Mark shares another thing that is “grinding his gears”
- Mark does a Preview of the content of his interview with Arlene Cash
Part 2 Arlene continues advice on how to research colleges
- Arlene talks about the importance of Core Values
- Arlene talks about how HBCU’s have changed
- Arlene talks about admission practices and admission trends
- Arlene talks about whether a certain type of student does better at a small, mid-size or large school
- Arlene talks about the resources on a college campus that students don’t take advantage of enough
If you enjoy our podcast, would you please do us a favor and share our podcast both verbally and on social media? We would be most grateful!
Anika and I are excited to give our listeners a chance to play a role in shaping what topics we discuss, and what guests we have on our podcast. You can let your voice be heard by completing this survey. Just put the following link in your browser and give us your honest feedback. Anika and I would like to thank you in advance.
Every episode of Your College-Bound Kid will align with a chapter from the book 171 Answers to the Most-Asked College Admission Questions. To get a copy visit 171answers.com and if you want to see what future episodes will cover just click the red button “See exactly what 171 Answers covers”.