Interview 127: Brian Hodges on “Understanding University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign”
- Brian Hodges gives his background and his admission experience
- An overview of the University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign including many of their colleges
- Why computer science is so popular at UIUC
- Why the Gies school of business is in high demand
- Why economics and architecture are so hot
- The Grainger College of Engineering Communication and Mass Media
- Other programs that fly under the radar
- Research opportunities at UIUC
- The benefits of enrolling in the Honors college
- How they guard against students claiming they are interested in certain colleges that have higher admit rates
- Whether UIUC admits by major or by college?
- Why they sometimes share their admit rate per major and they sometimes don’t share this information.
- The process for doing an internal transfer
- A major change this year in how they respond to applicants who are not admissible to their first or second choice program
- How some things about their admissions process are different for out of state students
- How admissions to General Studies works?
- What criteria are used when a student is doing an internal transfer?
- Transferring from community colleges to UIUC.
- How the advising system works for students in the Division of General Studies
- How UIUC will decide if they are going to remain test-optional
- How holistic admissions works at UIUC
- How admissions differ at other University of Illinois campuses?
- Whether AP scores are factored in at UIUC for more competitive majors.
- How does state residency and geographic residency impact admissions decisions?
- What do students do for fun?
- The food scene in Champaign.
- Why sometimes the location is referred to as Champaign and sometimes as Urbana
Share This, Choose Your Platform!