Interview 103: Sue Corner on “Myths about private colleges”
- Sue gives her backstory, including her education and various admission roles she has had.
- Mark introduces the topic, “Debunking Myths about Private schools.”
- Sue addresses Myth #1-Liberal Arts and Science schools are not a good place for stem students.
- Sue talks about some ways Willamette has made adjustments to this myth.
- Sue addresses Myth #2-Private schools are less accessible than public schools, especially financially
- Sue shares how Willamette has addressed this concern in a creative way
- Sue addresses Myth #3-Institutional quality is best evaluated by admit rate and ranking.
- Sue discusses various ways in which it is so easy for a school to manipulate its admit rate.
- Sue talks about how easy it is to manipulate USNWR rankings.
- Sue gives her advice on how to block out the noise, and she shares some of the legitimate ways to judge a school’s educational quality.
Share This, Choose Your Platform!