Interview 136: Gloria and Terry Crawford on “Understanding Initialview”
- Gloria and Terry explain their bios, and they explain how and why they started Initialview
- Gloria explains what Initialview is and how it works.
- Terry explains why and how Initialview grew so rapidly.
- Terry explains how they added a writing component to Initialview
- Terry explains how the tagging system works with their interview
- Terry explains how they keep people from gaming their interviews
- Gloria and Terry explain some things that admissions officers tell Initialview that they do not share with students and parents.
- Terry and Gloria explain what Sapien skills are Gloria talks about the history of how Initialview started serving and helping domestic students
- Gloria explains what “elevator pitch” is and the mechanics of how elevator pitch works
- Terry explains what “two-sided markets” and “matching markets” are
- Terry and Gloria explain what the star system is that Initialview uses and they explain why colleges like it and why it is appealing to parents and students
- Terry describes how the Yellow star can be used for waitlisted students
- Gloria and Terry explain how Chat GPT has created a unique opportunity for Initialview
- Gloria and Terry go on the hot seat
- Gloria explains how covid and Chat GPT have both become an impetus to try some new creative approaches using educational tech
- Terry talks about how the integration between Slate and Initialview was a game changer for the growth of Initialview
- Gloria says that occasionally critics say they are creating a cottage industry, but she explains why Initialview is student-centric and how it helps students who their authentic selves
Share This, Choose Your Platform!