Our interview is with two MIT admission officers who also have other roles at MIT. Petey and Kellen provide great insights into “what can a student learn from a college’s social media presence”.
In this interview, Petey and Kellen discuss the following:
- Petey and Kellen give their backstory
- How MIT uniquely uses blogs, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube
- Three other powerful forums that often go overlooked: Discord, Reddit, and Quora
- Their perspective on whether forums like Reddit are valuable forums that they would encourage students or parents to frequent
- The value of R-MIT
- How can a student discern the jewels from the junk in social media platforms?
- Advice to high school students on how they should manage their own social media accounts
- Whether they look up students' social media presence when reading their files?
- Do they recommend students look at social media for clubs they are interested in?