Interview 118: Dr. Martha Saunders on “Miscellaneous topics”
- Her progression from adjunct professor to college president and she shares several other unique aspects of her background
- What can colleges and universities do to increase their perception of their value with an every increasingly cynical public.
- What she means when she uses the term, “high impact practices” and she talks about the value of “high impact practices”
- How they adjust their curriculum to the needs of the student body
- How they use interdisciplinary programs to provide exposure to the humanities without having to cancel some important programs that are not in strong demand
- What she means by commodity programs
- A time she had to sunset or get rid of some programs that had to go; she talks about how the college responded to that and she talked about the best way to implement this without too much chaos
- Her seven kids, all of whom are college grads. She shares some lessons she learned from her own seven kids and their college journey
- How to evaluate if a college is good at crisis communication. This is an area she is regarded as a national expert.
Share This, Choose Your Platform!