Interview 161: Derek Terrell on “Understanding the Coalition for College”
- Derek explains his backstory, walking us right up to his current role as the Director of Community Engagement for the Coalition for College
- Derek explains the mission of the Coalition for College
- Derek explains what criteria a college needs to meet in order to become a member of the Coalition for College
- Derek talks about what is involved in the partnership between the Coalition for College and Scoir
- Derek explains who Scoir is and what the platform provides
- Derek explains why a student should use Scoir to apply to college compared to other means of applying to college.
- Derek talks about the partnership that Scoir has with over 500 Community-Based Organizations
- Derek talks about how the advisor portal works within the Coalition and Scoir partnership.
- Derek explains some new and exciting things that the Coalition and Scoire will be rolling out over the next 3-5 years
- Derek talks about the resources that are built into the Coalition for College for parents.
- Derek tells us about the benefits of being part of the Coalition
- Derek talks about the biggest barriers the colleges face to providing access and equity.
- Derek advises how students, parents, guardians, and college counselors can take advantage of the resources the Coalition for College offers.
- Derek goes on the hot seat in our lightning-round
Share This, Choose Your Platform!