Interview 121: Milyon Trulove on “Why Reed rejects US News rankings”
- Milyon shares his interesting background
- Milyon explains what he means by cooking the books and he gives an example of how easy it is to “cook the books”
- Milyon answers the question, “Did US News single out Reed and drop their ranking when they refused to participate in the their rankings?
- Milyon answers the question, how much pressure admission leaders feel to move up the ranking or keep their ranking at the level they are at
- How much would movement in the rankings impact Reed
- Does Reed uniquely benefit because they flouted US News Ranking
- Milyon comments on the new book by former Reed President, Breaking Ranks: How the Rankings Industry Rules Higher Education and What to Do about It
- Milyon explains why he likes “test-blind”
- Milyon talks about whether the rankings are helpful in any way
- Mark and Milyon discuss the downside of putting too much emphasis on the number of Pell recipients in your recruitment
Share This, Choose Your Platform!