Interview 84: Lynda Doepker on “Using Parent Facebook groups to understand the culture of a college”
- Lynda opens by sharing her backstory
- Lynda shares some of the great Facebook groups out there that have been invaluable to her
- Lynda talks about how specific college Facebook groups have really helped her to understand the culture and the vibe of the school
- Lynda talks about how you find these Facebook groups and how you join
- Lynda talks about whether you need to have a student at the school in order to join these school-based FB groups
- Lynda talks about what happens in these Facebook Groups, the kind of conversations, and the various topics that are often discussed
- Lynda covers topics such as parking, mental health, sorority life, getting into courses, how various schools handle the pandemic, how housing works, etc.
- Lynda talks about how large these FB groups are
- Lynda talks about how to balance the parent knowledge with what the student wants
- Lynda discusses whether you can post anonymously or whether you can speak to a parent privately (37 minutes 23 seconds)
Share This, Choose Your Platform!